Saturday, September 24, 2011

the new abode

well...all I have to say is that life has been really tough (especially financially) since May 2009 when Steve lost his job.  We've had to move a few times, we almost lost a car, and every month we had to decide which bills we weren't going to pay.  Steve was running a small business out of our garage and I've been working full-time in children's ministry.  Steve was working his tail off to make ends meet, but it just seemed like we were falling farther and farther behind. 

Through it all, we've seen God perform so many miracles.  We literally had checks show up in the mail minutes before payment deadlines, family showed much generosity (and never expected anything in return)...I have just been so amazed for the Lord's LOVE and CARE for us through all these trials. 

On a side note...money is really the only thing in my life that causes me great stress.  I hate that and am not proud of it.  Although this financial crises seemed like it was going to drown us, we realized through it all HOW MUCH we have to be thankful for.  We have an amazing marriage, a beautiful and healthy daughter, amazing parents who love us so much, siblings who are always encouraging, grandparents who've prayed without ceasing, and friends who have never judged, just faithfully been there.  I have had the opportunity to work for 2 incredible churches in San Diego doing what I love best...teaching kids about the love of Jesus.

Well...several weeks ago Steve was in touch with some guys he knew from the lighting industry and they asked him to come up to LA for a day to hang out and see all the latest and greatest lighting stuff.  (For those of you who don't know, my husband is one of the most creative and brilliant people I know. He is a lighting designer, technician, computer geek who loves to light concerts and shows...including one of his favorites...THE Lionel Richie. :))  These guys in LA love Steve and want to get him out on their shows, which has been so encouraging, especially to Steve.  He lights up (no pun intended) when he's sitting behind a lighting console running a show.  All that to say...it looks like work is going to start picking up for him again...praise the Lord!

OK...so back to my point in writing this.  Money was short, we couldn't afford things, etc. etc.  So...a few weeks ago my in-laws threw out the idea of all of us moving into a house together.  At first Steve and I were like, "NO WAY!"  But of course...the Lord works in funny ways.  Steve and I didn't really talk about it out loud, but we were both secretly praying about it.  A few days later, he came to me and told me he felt like this was something we should pursue.  I started laughing and told him that I was feeling the same way.  We talked with his parents and told them that we were blown away and so appreciative of this generous gift and that we'd like to accept...if we could find the perfect living situation.  And of course...it's just like God to give us the perfect house for less than what we were hoping!  So, all that to say...yes, I live with my in-laws.  I know, it sounds crazy...sometimes it feels like a dream.  But it's been cool to see God work through every little detail and so far, it has been one of the biggest blessings and so encouraging to us.  I can't wait to see what God does through this opportunity and I'm sure I'll share about it along the way.  Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. yay! I get to be your first comment!! We have struggled financially as well in the last few years, one income in a two income world is not easy. we knew this when we had kids and decided me being with them was worth the sacrifice. through all the stress and doubt about finances God has NEVER left us high and dry. we've always had food on our table and our children have never even know there were struggles. All this to say that God loves to bless his children, sometimes in ways we don't expect. Be encouraged friend that He cares deeply for you guys and will always provide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...