Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ready

Last year I unintentionally chose a word to define my year.  After reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I chose the word eucharisteo...to be grateful, feel thankful.  And this year, I truly learned how to be...in spite of infertility questions, Steve still looking for consistent work, moving to a new part of town, having 3 out of 5 grandparent's health significantly decline...

I am truly thankful for each of these things...have seen God in all of it...felt His presence more powerfully, intimately, and peacefully.

So this year I prayerfully, intentionally chose a word.  Thinking about some things this year WILL hold...Claire turning 5 and going to kindergarten is the main one...and thinking about some things I HOPE this year will hold...another child, consistent work for my husband...which could possibly lead to moving to a whole new place...homeschool, public school, or Christian school, will I keep working full-time, will we continue to live with Steve's parents...all of these things, when I think about them altogether, I get overwhelmed and just want to stop.  Yes, I am grateful, I feel thankful for all these things...opportunities, goals, dreams...but I am overwhelmed.

So my word for this year...what I want to consistently, faithfully be is READY.  I know...not very deep, not very spiritual, not super biblical...but God put it on my heart...He wants me to be ready for any and all things.  To be ready to step out in faith on a daily basis...every hour, minute, even second.  My heart is racing just thinking about it...slightly overwhelmed now, but mostly excited...and ready...to take on 2013.

 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
Hebrews 12:1

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.  Psalm 9:10

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
 Romans 15:13

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...