Saturday, January 25, 2014

Aunt Na

For a few hours today we thought we might lose a family member.  My aunt was in a snow boarding accident earlier today and the message we got was that she was life flighted to the ICU in critical condition.  She's intubated, not breathing on her own.  Getting that phone message from my crying Grams was enough to about send me over the edge.

"Aunt Na??  Really??  Wait how can this be..." have been the thoughts going through my head.  And I said to Steve, "It really is up to the Lord when He wants to take us.  We just have no idea when or how."  And then we started praying.

Facebook pages were immediately updated by several of us.  Instagram, Twitter, asking people to pray.  Texts and messages started going out.  I've been afraid to call anyone for fear of just crying on the phone.  So right now, I'm thankful for technology.

But people are praying.  People everywhere.  People who don't even know my aunt, and especially those who do.  Because that's how the body of Christ works.  We lift one another up and take on each others burdens.  And we begin to think about the fragility of life.  And we say, "I love you," a few more times to those we hold dear.  And we don't do laundry or watch TV because it seems so frivolous at the time. 

But we do continue to pray.  And think of scriptures that talk about life, death, the Lord's perfect timing and how we may never have the answers.

I wish you could all know my aunt.  She's like the coolest person I know.  And if you know her, you agree.  And if you know her and I say to you, "My aunt is cooler than yours," you just nod your head in agreement.  She rock climbs...not just like regular rocks, but like the face of Half Dome in Yosemite...for 3 days and 2 nights.  She backpacks, wake boards, mountain bikes, plays the guitar, softball, & basketball, sings, shoots squirrels with a bow & arrow, rides horses, raises weird pets (snakes, chipmunks, opossums, iguanas, deer) changes her own oil, and is willing to try just about anything.

But what she'd really want you to know about her is that she loves Jesus.  And she'd want you to know that He loves you, too.  That's what it always comes down to with her.  If you were hanging out, she'd want you to know that.  And she'd tell you.  She'd tell you about the freedom she has in Christ because He died for her...and you.  And WHEN she gets back to doing her regular activities, you should ask her about it.  Because she'd love to tell you.  And she'll tell you how the Lord watched over her today and protected her...even though she's still not awake, and we still don't know the full extent of her injuries, I believe she will be back to her regular activities before we know it.  And we'll give God all the glory.

And if she doesn't recover, we'll still give God the glory.  We don't always understand why He does what He does and why He allows certain things to happen.  But we still praise Him through it, trusting it's part of His perfect Plan & Purpose.

Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Please continue to pray.  We'll give updates as we find things out.  Hug those you love a little tighter. And give God the glory for the good things He's done in your life.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy, as I read I was thinking, yes, yes, yes and so much more. She's brilliant beyond words, selfless, humble, a true servant, gentle, and strong. It seems there's nothing she can't do from fixing a plumbing leak to teaching a child how to manage a slack line or hold a snake correctly. And always, always with that smile. I love her so much. I ache and pray with you for complete healing that her body would serve her spirit well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy. As I read I thought, yes, yes, yes, and she's so much more. How do you put her into words? She's brilliant beyond belief, a true servant, humble, gentle nature, strong body and spirit. It seems There's nothing she can't do from fixing a plumbing leak to teaching a child how to maneuver a slack line or how to carefully hold a big snake! I love her so much and ache and pray with you that her body will heal to serve her Free spirit well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for the whole family and for God to show himself might on behalf of the whole family, for His glory. Loren and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any updates, Amy? Hoping she's shown some improvement!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still praying Amy! She's such a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...