Friday, February 1, 2013

the list:: february

January 2013 was::
**the month we brought in New Year's with our good friends in their home...it was casual and laid-back and I loved every minute of it.
**when Claire got asked to be a flowergirl in my dear friend's wedding and about had a breakdown from the anxiety!!  Ok...so we need to practice!
**the month we went on a Caudill family vacation without the hubs.
**the month the hubs was the lighting programmer/director for the Inaugural Ball and the Presidential Ball on the day of the inauguration (& missed our family vacation).
**when my sister got to come on our vacation with us in Steve's place.
**when we looked at like 10 different houses to move into knowing we had to be out of our home by the end of February.
**was the month we found an amazing home to move into on Top O' the Morning Lane...how cute is that?!?
**was the month I told the Lord I was READY for all...I mean like ALL...good and bad...He's going to give me and ways He's going to stretch and grow me this year.
**was the month I really connected with sweet Stacy, who I met through a blog gift swap in November.  I never imagined gaining friends from my blog...but I'm so thankful the Lord brought her into my life!

I want February to be::
**a month where I continue to be READY for everything the Lord puts in my life and thank Him for it.
**a time when I'm super organized...I hate packing and moving...but I need to stay on top of everything so it can be a smooth move.
**a time to connect with some of my amazing friends.  Literally just set up a time to get together with my friend Christin, who I met on a mission's trip to Haiti in 1998.  I always have so much fun with her and feel so encouraged every time our visits are over.  Wish they were more frequent...
**a month when I continue to be diligent and faithful with my time in the Word.  I got back into a good routine in January and it needs to keep happening.
**the month when I start working out again...ugh!!
**a month of making intentional dates with my girl.

  on the cruise without Daddy

linking up with erika

6 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up! I love that you want to be ready for everything God puts in your life-- that's definitely a great goal for me to work toward as well! (as well as be more diligent in the Word!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ready" was my word of the year in 2012 :) it's a great word!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have been tryin much harder to be more intentional with my kids and in all of my relationships, actually. I so get what you mean about really being ready to take the good and the bad. I am right there with you on that.
    Thanks for stopping by and following me! I am following you now, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of happenings in January! Congrats on finding a new home, good luck packing! (I hate packing too!) Thank you for following my blog, I'm following you back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of reflecting on what your recent life was like and setting goals for the next! I've been in a bit of a panic about how fast this "life process" goes by, as cliche as that is. I like this solution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting about what has happened so far in your 2013! February is going to be just as great as you get settled in a new home! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...