Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentiny!

I love Valentine's Day...I always remember my Mom doing special things for my sister's and me.  My favorite were the delicious cookies she would make...yum!  When I was in college, my friends and I would always dress up and take pictures together.  Steve and I had our first official date on Valentine's in 2002.  I love this day of love!  Now that Claire Bear is 3, Valentine's Day takes on a whole new meaning.  For her party at preschool, I decided I wanted to make Valentine's to give to her friends, not just buy a standard pack of Barbie or princess cards.  I wish I could take credit for coming up with this idea, but I didn't...found it on the blog of someone way more creative than I am!
 I emptied 20 matchboxes...if anyone needs 600 matches let me know!
I went to Micheal's and JoAnn's and picked out scrapbook paper to wrap around the boxes.  They didn't have a very big selection of Valentine or heart paper, I was kinda disappointed, but it was still fun picking it out.  I also picked up fun ribbon to tie around the boxes.
Here are the boxes after phase one...all wrapped up!
And...the finished product.  I love how they turned out!  I filled them with pink, white, and red plain M&M's.
Claire and I had fun making all of our Valentine's for all of our favorite people!
My cute mini-Valentine!  She had so much fun passing out her Valentine's at school.  Of course she wanted to eat all her candy the minute I picked her up...she has such a sweet tooth!  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!  Hope you have an extra LOVE-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...