Thursday, January 24, 2013

ummm...feeling a little convicted

This is from my journal entry this morning...

So my word for 2013 is READY.  In my heart I've been telling God that I'm ready for anything this year...a steady job for Steve, another baby (or 2), the opportunity to stay home at least part time, homeschool, etc.  But the last few days I've felt a little convicted by that, like God is saying, "Are you ready for ALL I have?  Like really ready?"  Ummm...ok...hold on a sec...check my heart.

Then today I read in Jesus Calling: "You receive [peace] by trusting Me in the midst of life's storms.  If you have the world's peace- everything going your way- you don't seek My unfathomable Peace.  Thank Me when things do not go your way, because spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials.  Adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world.  Expect them each day.  Rejoice in the face of hardship, for I have overcome the world."

Ok heart...get ready.  The trials are coming, they're promised.  Lord, get my heart to the place where I am truly ready for ALL You have prepared for my year.  Your Plans are far greater than mine.  Help me not to lose sight of that...keep my focus on Your Plan...I don't want to miss out on anything You have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...