Saturday, November 23, 2013

ministry life.


                  TEACHER quote - Vinyl Decal. via Etsy.



                
Someone said to me the other day, "Do you miss being in full time ministry?"  I wish I could have seen what my face looked like when they asked that.  People (my sisters) usually tell me that I don't need to say any words, my face always expresses exactly what I'm thinking.

"No I'm not working for a church anymore, but I still consider myself to be in full-time ministry."  To me, that's exactly what I'm doing as a 4th grade teacher.  I have 28 little lives that I get to pour into 35 hours a week.  And I don't take it lightly.

28 lives I get to pray for, speak truth into, love unconditionally, hug, high-5, smile at, listen to, laugh with, teach long-division to, demonstrate good character to, have class parties with, take lunch count for, do brain breaks with, grade tests for, learn patience from, and just be there for.

To me, that's exactly what full-time ministry is all about.  And I'm thankful that's exactly what I get to do every day of the work week.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...