Wednesday, July 31, 2013

change...

...is so hard, but so necessary.  It can be sad, and yet rewarding.  Change feels uncomfortable, but the blessings from it make us proud.  It's inevitable, it's biblical, it's exciting.

We're about to go through a big change here in our family.  Well, mostly I am, but it will affect Steve & Claire.  For the better.  It will makes us stronger, a better team, and allow us to have more time together.

After much prayer, I've decided to leave my full-time ministry job at our church and go back to the classroom as an elementary teacher.  As Claire gets ready to enter kinder this fall (waaaahhhhhh), Steve and I re-evaluated what changes need to be made for our family.  Claire will be in school Monday-Friday and as of right now I work at church Tuesday-Thursday, Saturday, & Sunday.  Our schedules would be so opposite.  We'd rarely have a full day together as a family, and that made my momma heart hurt.

I've always said I would go back to teaching when we're done having kids and our youngest was in kinder.  Well, we haven't been able to have any more kids so far, and our youngest is headed off to kinder.  I know what you're thinking...."she's gonna get pregnant."  Welp, maybe...hopefully...if it's part of God's plan we'll rejoice and then re-evaaluate again.

Right now we're rejoicing in the blessings of our obedience.  I'm nervous, overwhelmed, and feeling a little behind in the education world.  But I know I'm making the right choice for our family, and I know that this change will be used for His glory.

2006...at the Wild Animal Park for a field trip my last year of teaching 3rd grade
 

8 comments:

  1. Much love to you, Amy. I know you didn't come to this decision lightly, and I really believe this could be a wonderful (though scary) change for you and your family. Praying God blesses you for putting your little Claire bear 1st. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that you get pregnant. :) That thought did cross my mind almost right away.

    I think this is such a great decision for your family. I am proud of you for listening to God call you...especially when it isn't always easy for others to understand how God would want you to leave a job at church. I just know that listening to Him you can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you friend! We get to start teaching together....just a few thousand miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things is to hear children of God making decisions that put their family first. God will bless all three of you for it!! You'll be missed, but I'm excited for you! ... So, I commented above, but figured you wouldn't recognize the name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved teaching 3rd grade with you,Shaune, and Tiffany; I thought we made a great team! I will be praying for this transition for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we will miss you, but so excited for your family. They deserve to have momma around!!! I love you girl and you will truly be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you made your decision, it sounds like that's what's best, it will be so worth it I'm sure .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...