Saturday, February 1, 2014

Update 2: Aunt Na

It's been a few days since I've updated, but I'm sure many of you have been following the updates my sis, Katie, has put on Caring Bridge.  Yesterday was a very hard day.  Definitely some set backs and it was discouraging.  The hardest part was that my Mom was only one at the hospital when things went a little sideways.  Read all about it here.

My cousin, Andy, and I drove up to Reno yesterday afternoon and got here late last night.  Came right in to see Aunt Na.  I'm so glad for the pictures I was able to see of her this week before getting here, but nothing can quite prepare you to see someone you love so much in this condition.  Seriously, so hard.  Honestly, it sucks.

We came back this morning to see her and she was giving us thumbs up when we asked her questions.  She still just seemed out of it, like it took tons of effort to respond in any way.  Right before we left so the doc's could do their rounds, the neuro PA came in to talk to us.  He was awesome.  Realistic, but encouraging.  He explained the injury in a way we could understand and it made so much sense.

We just came back after rounds and she's had her eyes open a lot!  Andy stood by her side and she turned and seemed to look right at him.  She kept them pretty wide for several minutes.  We're just sitting in her room, praying, playing worship music, talking to her.  Don & Shirley...great family friends....just arrived.  Shirley said she's WAY more alert and responsive than when she was here last weekend, so that's encouraging.

The nurses here are incredible.  So kind, patient, and loving.  We couldn't ask for better care for our sweet Aunt Na.

PLEASE continue to pray.  Thank you for your faithfulness to pray and ask others to pray.  She needs them.  It's going to be a long road to recovery, but we're so thankful for the progress she's already made.  It's been a long week...emotional, tiresome, up, and down.  But the Lord has been so faithful. 
He always is.  He hasn't left her or forsaken her.  We're so thankful she's knows Him, as He will be her....our....Ultimate Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Joy through this healing process.

Give me Jesus....Give me Jesus...You can have all this world...Just give me Jesus.



One of my favorite CS Lewis quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...