Sunday, January 19, 2014

#8

I've made a list of my top 10 favorite things & memories from 2013.  These are not in any particular order, just depends on what I feel like writing about...so here's #8:

Celebrating is something our family really likes to do & do well.  We don't have a very big extended family, but we love to celebrate everyone's birthdays in some way.  Now that our family has grown through marriages & babies, we combine birthday parties...which just makes it more fun!  Since Claire & my cousin's boy are just 2 weeks apart, they usually get to celebrate their birthdays together & this last year we celebrated the big FIVE with a pool party!

Swimming is always better with friends!








On the night before her actual birthday, Steve & I decorated Claire's room, so she woke up to balloons & streamers everywhere!


Then we ran off to the DONUT store for her favorite kind of sugary breakfast.  Oh yum!

Daddy's favorite little Goof Nugget.



Later in the day we headed to the San Diego County Fair...Claire's request.



Her highlight was holding the baby pig...oh my...she still talks about wanting one for a pet!



A few days after her actual birthday, we went to the American Girl store in LA.  Oh my word...I don't know who was more excited, me or Claire!  It was 2 stories of pure doll magic!  We can't wait to go back again.


She chose Julie, but renamed her Sarah because she looks like Auntie Katie's friend, Sarah. :)


I'm so thankful for our sweet girl & the 5+ years we've been a family.  She's the biggest blessing and joy in our lives.  We love how smart, caring, thoughtful, silly, brave, & loving she is.  Her biggest desire in life is to be a big sister...hoping the Lord blesses her with becoming one soon!

**My friend had just taken her daughter to the AG store a week or two before us and her advice to me was to go online and pick out the doll Claire wanted before going to the store!  Great advice....and I'd give that advice to anyone planning a trip there.  It just makes it a lot less overwhelming (for everyone) & easier to stay focused on the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments as they encourage my heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...